Thread: Requesting a contemporary map of a village in Ireland

Default Requesting a contemporary map of a village in Ireland

Hello,
    I am looking for a map of a village to go along with a cozy mystery book that will be published this year (the third book in a series).
    If it is possible, I'd like the map in about three (3) weeks. It is a contemporary map that a reader can follow along with as they read the mystery story. Several of my book readers are older people who like to look at the map and imagine what happened as they read the mystery. The reader should be able to print the map if they want a printed copy on 8.5 by 11 paper. I'm willing to pay $275.00. I will attach a hand drawn example of what I'm looking for. I am also attaching an example of the map that I used for my first book (this is to give you an example of what I'm looking for.)
    Thank you,
    Martha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hand sketched map.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	131763  

Guild Member

Hello , I am limon and I would like to work with you. You can see my portfolio here:

https://www.artstation.com/alibarbar

You can contact me through alicaglarbasaran@gmail.com

Hope we can work together.

Guild Journeyer

Hello, I'm Endi and I'm interested in joining your project! you can check my work at:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Strigunart
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/strigun.art/

if you're interested you can contact me via any of those pages or send me an e mail to

endi.oblak93@gmail.com

I love this pitch. I wish the map from your first book had successfully attached, I'd love to see it. My first favorite genre was the cozy mystery and it was maps in those styles of books that highlighted the adventures of plucky mundane heroes solving goofy mysteries that first caught my eye, along with the most famous fantasy maps that I fell in love with at the same time (such as Lord of the Rings). Usually they were on hardcover books, pressed into the inside of the cover or on the end pages, taking up 1-2 pages, with hand written text and illustrations of major landmarks and plot points, allowing the reader to turn the page back to the map and see exactly where you are on the visual version of the journey.

I love it, I really do.

You can find my fantasy map portfolio if you click here and contact information is in my signature.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!