Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Westri – commission

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Default Westri – commission

Here's my latest map, a private commission for a roleplay setting. Hugest amount of labels I've ever done – at the end, PS took about 7 minutes every time I wanted to save… hehe. Anyway, I don't know a lot about this world, actually nothing more than what can be seen on the map, so I'll just leave it here

Pencil and watercolor, and PS for labeling and placing the icons.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westri10.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	60041

There is something about this map that bugs me. I don't know what it is, but it's in the colors, or the contrast, or something…

Oh wow! This is all kinds of cool. Very well done, Lingon. If i can, i'll rep. you. And a "like" is guaranteed.
    This really screams "use me as a rpg background, PLEASE!!!" I hope the comissioner will also let you do the worldmap that belongs to this piece *Eilathen, being curious as ever*
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nice work Lingon though I have to agree with you, the combination of pale colors and light contrast doesn't gives it the look it would deserve. Also title and some labels are a bit too stucvked in corners and edges to my tastes.

I agree, very useful game map.

Hope you don't mind, but I tried a modification in Photoshop. On a small portion of the map I decreased the brightness -25 and increased the contrast +25.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Westri10a.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	413.3 KB 
ID:	60049

I'm not one of the photo shop experts, but it seems to catch the eye's attention more.
    Last edited by Bogie; 01-02-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Another fine map Lingon!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

A pretty looking map. Some of the place names are amusing - I may have been to meadache once or twice this christmas. =P

A nice map, but a bit of contrast would make it great. The experiment of Bogie is already better imo. Your excellent forests and cities deserves it

Great Map!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks everyone!

Eilathen: Actually, we did talk a little about more maps. He wasn't going to need them soon, so I don't know when it'll be, but he's happy with this one so I guess I might get to paint the world map too, sometime

Max: Yeah, you're right, on both points! I would have preferred to put the title a little further from the edge, but there was a couple of labels that had to be there, and I wanted the title to be pretty big compared to the labels, because I wasn't doing a cartouche around it so it had to stand out in some other way… Trying to say that it could probably have been done in some better way, but this was the best I came up with :/

Bogie: Wow, that's much better really. Thanks for testing that! I'll show it to the client and ask what he thinks!

Guild Adept

A pretty map, but the sea and the rivers disturb me just a bit. But that is the source material I reckon.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast