Thread: WIP - My First Attempt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Wiltrichs's Avatar

Wip WIP - My First Attempt

Hi all,

I joined yesterday so thought I'd jump right in and have a go myself. I was looking through some old fantasy books last night for some inspiration and this sketch fell out, I must have drawn it about 15 years ago and forgotten about it. I thought it would be a cool place to start.... with a LOT of improvement. I am really new to all this so will appreciate any help and advice you guys can offer as I go. I'm trying to create a world for the wargaming fantasy miniature company I am in the process of starting up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIL01.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	141.8 KB 
ID:	60045

I was looking through some of the sticky tutorials on here last night and I can see my rivers are pretty awful and go against many of the pointers in the threads, so will need to sort that out. I'm sure there are a lot more mistakes in there too, so please point them out.

I apologise for the unimaginative sea names, they will also be going

I'm going to be using Photoshop to create this map. I'm not that experienced at using the software, so I've just scanned it in as a jpeg at 600DPI so I can trace over it. Does that sound right or are there better ways to scan images in?

Anyway, I've got a day off today so will post some more WIP pics later this evening.... hopefully.

Cheers

Wil
    Last edited by Diamond; 07-29-2014 at 12:59 AM.