Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hand Drawn Dungeon

Simple, clean and evocative... let's loot!!

Salama looking to see if you made any progress with this. I always like to see where folks go with their works.

Gosh, that's lovely. I have great admiration for people with such skills of drawing and composition. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, thanks guys =). This was really just a test for hand drawn mapping, a test that resulted to some different hand drawn styles in maps I made for some RPG products. I'll share those maps when I'm allowed to! That said, I could use this map to train some more styles with it...

I think it's great too. The "pebbling" around the room walls is surprisingly effective - suggestive of a thick wall without being visually busy or distracting. The other thing I really like is that - I assume - you've hand-drawn the "graph paper". When most people make a hand-drawn grid, the attempt is to make each line as straight as possible, emulating a graph paper, but you've instead only suggested perfect squares, which in infinitely better. When trying to make straight squares, inevitable imperfections make the result look amateurish. Using your style, the lack of perfect squareness looks artistic, and not only that, it suggests a stony or tiled floor that matches the rest of the artwork and has the implication of shading and depth.

Very nice.

Your map is great!!! i want to use it in a adventure of pathfinder

Guild Member

Very nice!

I loved how you created different shapes to represent walls with stones and the caver.

Simple and yet rich!

Nice! I really like handdrawn maps, your style is very clean! Good job

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12