All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I usually get replies...plenty...but they're all by the CLs
    You could just promote everybody to CL - problem solved

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Everyone moderates everyone...total anarchy...cats and dogs living together.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it's more of an intimidation factor, those of us that are new feel less inclined to share opinions with those who've been doing it far longer than we. Nobody likes the rookie coming in and telling the veterans how to do something or that something is crap (which it isn't btw, I esp like the first). When I see one of the colored names I immediately think, oh this guy knows what he's doing so I'll just keep quiet until it's done...then I'll sing glorious praises. And I know how ya feel, kinda, not many comments on my fjord so I'm thinking it either totally blows or totally blows minds...I always think the former but press on diligently anyway knowing I enjoyed the effort.

Anywho, my 2 cents

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thing is...I'm SOOO not an expert...quite the opposite...I consider myself quite the amateur...I created this site because I got tired of dealing with the CC2 list as a way to get my questions answered. I'm a better site admin than I am a mapper...When it comes to mapping...the only thing I am is the admin/owner of this site...I need just as much if not more help than you guys do with maps hehehe.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

2 hours? Good grief, they're amazing. if I could ever get that much mapping done in that time I'd go home happy.

I like the colour scheme of the maps - they are clear without being garish. I'd suggest a bit of smudge around the tops of the most northerly mountains - that's the only place where the sketchy line jars a little. Equally, a darker ink line around the tops to give them some crisp definition would also probably work.

I love the road in the town. That looks great.

Oh, and I am very flattered to have 'heavily influenced' anyone, let alone yourself That made my morning.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Well being relatively new to this whole thing, I must admit that when I would first see one of the CLs names on a submission it was a bit "intimidating" to offer critiques or criticisms. It's easy to say, "Hey that looks superdy-dooper", rather than "Well, I think it needs this here or this there". The first thing that ran thru my mind is, "This person's gonna think I'm a schmuck and have no clue what I'm talking about".

Now, having said that and having at least posted a few things, etc. none of the CLs (or anyone else for that matter) on these boards have ever to my knowledge reacted in any but the most positive manner.

OK, I'll get off the soapbox now.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Now, having said that and having at least posted a few things, etc. none of the CLs (or anyone else for that matter) on these boards have ever to my knowledge reacted in any but the most positive manner.
    Which is probably how they became CL's in the first place, by offering constructive criticisms and useful advice, as opposed to "hey, your dumb for doing it that way" type comments...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    Which is probably how they became CL's in the first place, by offering constructive criticisms and useful advice, as opposed to "hey, your dumb for doing it that way" type comments...
    Oh, we would never say DUmb. An Idiot or total baffoon maybe, but never dumb
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast