Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick sketch maps from Keep on the Shadowfell

I was an utter mapping noobie when I joined the Guild and think I'm now about average. I have been to other sites (e.g. Sci-Fi Meshes) where the admins are just mindblowingly good at making 3d models of spaceships and the intimidation thing definitely works there. But here I think that the best mappers are not actually the CLs at all (IMHO)

So I'm always very happy to receive C&Cs...lol I can't believe anyone can seriously feel intimidated by my stuff!

I like the maps, but couldn't tell if they were hand drawn or CG. Will these be player handouts? (hence the hand drawn look?)

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

The labels on the overland map are very strong compared to the sketchy lines of the map. They'd sit in better if maybe you reduced their opacity and adjusted the contrast of the map to bring the lines out more.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its hand-drawn on the PC...so technicallly its CG, but its all drawn by hand (except the wall for Northwynd)

I see what you mean about the labels, they're a bit sharp indeed...I'll make some adjustments...thanks!

And yes...CLs are picked primarily on their posting prowess and social aptitude, their skill in mapping is a VERY minor decision.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123