Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quick sketch maps from Keep on the Shadowfell

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Map Quick sketch maps from Keep on the Shadowfell

Since I am starting my 4E campaign with a modified version of Keep on the Shadowfell...I couldn't use the maps included because they don't jive with my campaign setting...some places had to be renamed of course...AND...I didn't' get to do the maps until last minute before the last session...basically these two maps combined were a total of about 2 hours worth of work.

Style wise, I was pretty heavily influenced by torstans hand drawn work...mainly color-wise, but since I'm color blind, it didn't work out very well for the city map...

Anyways, these maps are originally part of the Keep on the Shadowfell, but I changed em enough to make em mine. Whatcha think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	northwynd area.jpg 
Views:	937 
Size:	586.5 KB 
ID:	5423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Northwynd Village.jpg 
Views:	1293 
Size:	733.5 KB 
ID:	5424  
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I think your Northwynd looks similar to my Stormhaven
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stormhaven.JPG 
Views:	1056 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	5428  
    Last edited by Robbie; 07-23-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: To make NK's post funnier
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

HAHAH! Nice...I edited the text of your post for comedic value.

You'll need to start thinking of where to place Thunderspire (H2)

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Nope...after the keep, I'm deviating from this path and moving on to my own campaign path...here's the plot setup:

It has been a time of peace for many years. The Aregean conflict brought about the end of the Aurellian Empire which began with noble goals and a strong heart, but eventually its thirst for power led to an end fitting only for tyrants. Three kings have since reigned, and peace has been maintained in the kingdom for over 200 years. But King Dered Fahlin grows old, and times are changing as a new threat arises that defies conventional solutions.

Sages and seers, scholars of the heavens, have seen a strange phenomenon taking place in the skies above Arsala. The divine moons are deviating from their paths and causing environmental chaos. Harsh weather, rising tides, earthquakes, tsunamis and other natural disasters are becoming more commonplace. There is talk amongst the people that the gods are planning to align and rain fire and destruction on Arsala to cleanse it of its past transgressions.

No one knows why the god moons are changing their orbits. Perhaps Aran is finally letting go of his hold on the perfect order of the universe. Perhaps the eight gods themselves are indeed preparing to deliver a great cleansing to the world. Whatever the reason, these are dark times.

Adventurers are needed more than ever to bring light where there is darkness.
    Tell me what ya think.

Sounds pretty cool. I am sooooo time strapped, I am stealing the adventure mods, because, well, less work But they are certainly getting reworked (maps and all for Thunderspire).

Here is something I did for my campaign when it started:

Empire of Karhielorhn

Knowledge History: DC 15
    The ancient Empire of Karhielorhn fell into ruin approximately 250 years ago. It was an empire that spanned most of the continent of Aeirglos. It had a level of technology that rivaled anything known today. With the collapse of the empire, the humanoid hordes soon overran the scattered human settlements.

Knowledge History: DC 20
    The Empire had an infrastructure based almost entirely on a reliance of contained elementals (earth elementals for construction & mining, water elementals for sewage & irrigation, Fire elementals for heating, smelting, Air elementals for transport). Eventually this huge reliance collapsed seeing the destruction of the capital of Branshoon. Larger cities were able to hold of most of the hordes, and soon fell into city states. Somehow the collapse of Branshoon lead to the release of the elemental that the empire relied upon.

Knowledge History: DC 25

The ultimate cause of the Empire’s collapse is believed to be a huge magical rift that was caused by the Empirical leaders fell pacts with Asmodeus and dealings with Devils. Internal strife between factions of those treating with Devils and Followers of Zehir lead to magical onslaught within the Empirical hierarchy and resulted in a great rift forming over Branshoon. From the Rift swarmed not only forces of the elemental Chaos, but hordes of Devils.

City of Deestan

Streetwise

DC 15
    This large coastal city was one of the last settled by the Karhielorhn Empire. It is the center of power for most of the settlements about a day to two days ride away. The city is the central ‘planed’ walled city of Deestan, and a few scattered outer communities around the city. The inner city while appearing to be more civilized can be a dangerous place to the unwary. Rumors abound of townsfolk going missing, and of the local temples powerless to help. Rumor also says that anything can be purchased within the walled city for the right price.

DC 20
    The inner city or Old City as it is called is extremely dangerous after nightfall to those who run afoul of the city watch. Those who did not show the right respect of the nobles or the watch are arrested and never seen again. Many hushed tales tell of unspeakable horrors and experiments that happen in the darkened dungeons beneath Greenspire Castle.

Blog Entries

I'm starting to think nobody likes me because my name says Administrator...Every time I post some of my (albeit sub-par in some cases) work, I only get comments or replies from CL's...

Blog Entries

Oh I think it looks really nice... well done Neon ! LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Oh I think it looks really nice... well done Neon ! LOL
    Thats just cold whack

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I'm starting to think nobody likes me because my name says Administrator...Every time I post some of my (albeit sub-par in some cases) work, I only get comments or replies from CL's...
    lol I too feel like that when you post something and nobody replies. You start to think that the map or your thread sucks! I guess its all just either luck or timing...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast