Thread: My first map post.

Default My first map post.

Its not that great, but hey! It's a map!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The American Comtinents.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	336.8 KB 
ID:	60057

It's not bad for a first try. My first map didn't look all that great and I wish back then I could have known about this forum, it would have been a huge help. Your landmass shape is actually pretty good. The bold black borders are a bit inconsistent, some of them are think and curved while some of them are line and square. I noticed along the coast there are some places where there is a white outline while in some other places the white isn't there. I think you should try and make the coast lines a bit more constant and sharper.

The colors you have are to bold, the sea would be a lot better if you added two or more nice softer colors. The same goes for the land, but with the land you can blend in different shades and colors according to the climate.

These are just a few things you could start working on, but I think that you could be off to a good start as long as you stay open to leaning and trying new things. This forum is a good place to learn there are a lot of great artist here.

How come Phoenix is the only city that is explicitly marked?