Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ongoing project to map...everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinded View Post
    Hello - I did an account recovery & password reset so I could log in and thank you for these.
    As did I! These are amazing, thank you so much for sharing!

For RotR, you didn't happen to do the other encounters, did you?

Are you referring to thinks like the goblin encounters? No, I used mostly existing or community-made maps for those. I only do my own version if it's necessary due to one of the maps published in the module being too low-resolution to be useful, so for encounters that outright have no map, I probably wouldn't go through the process of making one if I can find one that suits my needs. I can, however, point to the ones I do use, they may or may not be sufficient depending on your tastes.

I probably won't have much of an update in the form of Runelords maps until my group finishes the first book and moves onto the second one.

Since I forgot to post it, the finished version of my Urgathoa Temple map, incase anyone was trying to use it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Urgathoa Map (2).jpg 
Views:	1140 
Size:	3.04 MB 
ID:	61277

And one of my current projects, the ridiculously huge Scarwall Castle map from Curse of the Crimson Throne's 5th book.

Name:	Scarwall 1.jpg 
Views:	910 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	61278

It may seem large, but more so when you realize this image is scaled down to 50%.
    Last edited by Askren; 02-11-2014 at 04:30 AM.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Your Urgathoa Temple map is awesome, it's really creepy and makes me want to run CotCC just to use it!

And I'll definitely be using your Thistletop maps if my RotRL players head back there, they left after defeating Nualia, they were too scared to investigate the area where Malfeshnekor is trapped.

Wonderful maps, keep them coming.

Guild Journeyer

These are great. Where did you get the art and the tiles for the Urgathoa Temple map?

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, I'm glad you guys enjoy this stuff and may even get some use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiko View Post
    Your Urgathoa Temple map is awesome, it's really creepy and makes me want to run CotCC just to use it!
    I'd recommend it, if you're good at fleshing out a large city and getting your players immersed in a setting like that. I'm not particularly great at it, but my players really enjoy the second book, as do I. I think it's very well-written. My other group is just outside Thistletop, and scared to go in because they have no healer.

Quote Originally Posted by KenG View Post
    These are great. Where did you get the art and the tiles for the Urgathoa Temple map?
    Pretty much all of it is straightforward objects from Dundjinni and these forums. Most of the props are, at least. The floor tiles are a pack by Shaun Ellis, I think I got them off Roll20, but I don't remember. Everything else was made in Photoshop from found textures online.

Because progress is sometimes a thing I do.

I'm kind of enjoying some of the results on this one, but obviously feedback would be nice so I don't end up making it just one blob of ugly brown as I usually do.

Name:	Brinewall progress.jpg 
Views:	722 
Size:	4.22 MB 
ID:	61602

Name:	Arkona Palace.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	4.20 MB 
ID:	61603

Blog Entries

I tried progress once but it scared me and I ran away

I don't know what advices to give, but I just popped in to say I've only seen 2 ugly brown maps on this thread and they were SUPPOSED to be ugly brown so don't be mean to them.

You made them cry.

*goes off to comfort the wittle maps*

Seriously, though, I think they are great and you prolly aren't getting a lot of feedback because you don't *seem* to need it.... or people can't find anything constructive to say!
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Guild Journeyer

I really like the look of the little keep. Did I miss something or are there no doors to the room in the south wall? I'm also a bit unclear as to how you reach the courtyard.

Quote Originally Posted by mthomas768 View Post
    I really like the look of the little keep. Did I miss something or are there no doors to the room in the south wall? I'm also a bit unclear as to how you reach the courtyard.
    I haven't put them in yet. Not sure how I want to do them, and mostly I just jump around or not. There's no doors to the towers either because I haven't decided how I want to fit them into the circle shapes.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast