Thread: Ongoing project to map...everything.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Ongoing project to map...everything.

So I already had a thread months ago for my Tomb of Horrors map, which was really my first foray into the do-it-yourself world of making better maps than the ones provided. It was kind of janky, low-quality, and overall I learned a lot, but had a lot to learn.

You guys may or may not know, I run a lot of modules and adventure paths, and I come across the same problem for most. Maps not suitable for use, gotta make my own. So that's what you'll see here; my ongoing project to make a homemade version of pretty much every map I will need for the various games I run. Some I use once and never again, but I like the process of making them and if nothing else, they come up on a future google search of someone like me looking for these maps to use in their games.

These first three I would consider "game ready" in the sense that they are done enough to be used, though I will probably do more work on them at some point.
    -Thistletop Outside; Rise of the Runelords
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thistletop.jpg 
Views:	2395 
Size:	4.63 MB 
ID:	60163
    -Thistletop First Level; Rise of the Runelords

Name:	Thistletop Level 1.jpg 
Views:	1616 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	60166
    -Thistletop Second Level; Rise of the Runelords

Name:	Thistletop Level 2.jpg 
Views:	1335 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	60167

These are some maps from the second book of Curse of the Crimson Throne, both of which have other floors I'm still working on. I'll get around to making the maps from the first book at some point.
    -Carowyn Manor First Floor; Curse of the Crimson Throne

Name:	Carowyn Manor low.jpg 
Views:	1279 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	60164
    -Temple of Urgathoa; Curse of the Crimson Throne (WIP)

Name:	Map (2).jpg 
Views:	2748 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	60165

Obviously I have more I'm messing around with right now, but as they're for games I'm not currently running, they're not high priority. This includes Carrion Crown maps, Jade Regent maps, Rappan Athuk maps, and some others. I apologize if some of them are not very good, I'm learning more and more about the process each attempt, and hopefully getting better each time, but that's debatable. And yes, I'm aware I use the same floor-tiles for everything. I'm trying to get away from that.

Anyway, thanks for checking my junk out, I'll be back in another month or so with more things finished.
    Last edited by Askren; 01-06-2014 at 07:16 PM.