Thread: Greeting every mom, I mean, everyone :)

Default Greeting every mom, I mean, everyone :)

Hello, people.

I was wandering the internet and found this place really interesting. Unfortunately I have little to no skill at drawing (and both my parents are professional drawers - is that even a thing in English? - they design buildings and such under an architect's supervision). But alas I do not draw.

Still, I found the artwork in some of these maps very interesting so I decided to join and even try to do something with something... eventually... For now, I just saying hello and looking at your works.

Cheers, Isil

Welcome to the Guild, Isil!

Its seems that your parents are CAD operators, if they design under the direction of an architect. While there is some drawing skills required to create maps, you should find using digital software to help create you rmaps easier than you think. If you don't already possess some graphics software, there are many options available, many are free to download and use (GIMP or Inkscape), and others from affordable to very expensive. Plus if you look in our tutorials sections, we have a ton of tutorials to get you learning and creating maps in no time at all. You've come to the right place. Look through our software forum, with lists of many different applications used to create maps - pick a poison, then go to the tutorials section and start learning.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Isil Telperion View Post
    (and both my parents are professional drawers - is that even a thing in English? - they design buildings and such under an architect's supervision)
    Yes, they are known as draughtsmen, or a drafter, who are people who make technical drawings of things.

Anyways welcome. Don't be shy about starting out, just go for it. The only way to get better is to put in the time.

Welcome to the Guild Isil!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh