Thread: I'd like to collaborate with a cartographer on a series of maps, one to start

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default I'd like to collaborate with a cartographer on a series of maps, one to start

EDIT: I've found my lead cartographer, but I'm always looking for other folks to collaborate with as well. If you want, feel free to send me your portfolio - I'd be happy to try and find out if there was some way we could work together!

Good morning CG! Recently, I began running a Kickstarter for my fantasy series, and it picked up more momentum than it expected. I wanted to offer some quality cartography as one of the stretch goals, and would be ecstatic to work with somebody from the Cartographer's Guild. This would be a paid gig, and would likely evolve into an ongoing partnership, if the mapmaker was interested. Pay is negotiable. I believe in being paid well for quality work, but we can discuss over email when ready.

Subject

What I'd like to do is start with the main continent of the series written so far. The world itself is an earthlike planet, and the major continent is a lot like the USA, just not bordered by a Canada or Mexico. The geography is very similar as well. I can provide a sketch upon request.

Style

I am looking for a map in the following styles, in order of preference:

1. Erevos
    2. Aumyr
    3. Skenth

Quality & Size

Professional
    I'd like to feature it on my website first, but we can work together to hash out the details.
    I'd also probably need to discuss the size with the artist to determine what would make the most sense.

Time Constraints

This project can have a very relaxed deadline, but because I am using it as a stretch goal, I would like to use the artist's portfolio to drive interest to that stretch reward. To that end, while the entire process can take months, I'd prefer to hear something from those who are interested sooner rather than later.

Copyright

I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Contact Details

mikeadeangelo--at--yahoo.com
    (remove the -- and convert "at" to @)
    Last edited by Michael DeAngelo; 01-26-2014 at 12:49 PM.