Thread: Hi ! I'm Ophi...

Default Hi ! I'm Ophi...

Hi !
    Newbie from France, I actually don't really know why I'm here... well... no, that's a lie
    I just love maps, and I can stand in front of one of these for hours, it just hypnotises me...
    Now that I discover this forum, I wonder why I don't make my own maps, those I have in mind
    And I think I just fall in love with all your fantastic works.
    So I'm here to learn from all of you

Well, who am I ?
    I'm a former student of physic, that I left to embrace music studies.
    I love role playing games and steampunk.
    I hate clowns

I promise to do the best efforts with my English, but well... I am definitely not a native speaker...
    So do not hesitate to correct me

With the hope to have the pleasure to talk with you elsewhere on the forum

Blog Entries

Hi Ophi.. I'm new too. Everyone here is really nice. I fell in love with the maps too! I hope you can learn a lot and make some great maps!

How long were you a physics major? What do you hope to do musically?

I don't do a lot of role-playing games, except online ones.

I promise, if you give your best effort to speaking English, it will be more than enough (plus you sound fine!)

I hope to see you around the forums!

Welcome to the Guild, Have fun!

Well, I made 2 years of physic, well-motivated and stuff, but I did not feel good... and then I realised I didn't want to become a Physician (physicist ? I don't really know) or anything like that. So I quit after some thinking about what I am and what I want and I restarted my studies from the beginning but in musicology this time... And now I fell really really good
    In the better case, I make a... "doctorat" and I already know that I want to work on the musical system of traditionnal arabic musics (with some 3/4 of tones, hijaz, etc., etc.). But if I can't I have a second plan : simply become teacher

Well... I do not really like online games... I don't know why, I prefer pen and paper ones
    My favorite is AnimA beyond fantasy, but not so long ago I found Eclipse Phase that is in my tastes (yeah, I looooove Cyberpunk ) and I am currently playing Ars Magica with some great great guys

Hrem... Yes, I think I must prevent that I do not understand well... no, I prefer to say that I do not always see the tone of the sentence of my interlocutors when the discussion is written... For that reason I may overuse smileys
    And I possibly talk too much :blur:

Thanks o/

Blog Entries

Physician = medical doctor

Physicist = scientist.

I saw "physic" and thought physicist, but if it was medicine, I apologize for assuming.

I'm glad you're happy with your new studies!

I never learned how to play the pen and paper role playing games... I wanted to, long ago, but I'm too old now.

I tend to use a lot of smileys as well. I have a very wry sense of humor, and if I do not fill the post with people get offended, and I don't like to offend anyone.

I talk way too much, and no one has yelled at me yet! If they do, I will let you know.

Enjoy your mapping!

Well... okay, so I meant a physicist

We're never too old for pen and paper roleplaying games
    All you need is (love) some dices (2, 4, 6, 10, 12, 20), a rules' book, a pen, a sheet of paper, some friends and a Game Master (but he can also be your friend )... Oh yes and some imagination

Thanks... I already have a project in mind but... I don't think I have the historical knowledges to do it (yet I hope)

Blog Entries

My 4 year old is a physicist.

Well, a scientist of some sort. He's always doing experiments, asks a million questions, and if he doesn't get a good enough answer, he tests it out and finds an answer himself.

The other day, a pile of snow fell off a tree branch. He asks "What made it fall, mommy?" I said "It got too heavy for the branch"

And he says, "but what made it FALL?"

And I was like... "Huh?" So he starts dropping things, throwing things, etc. Then he comes to me and says "Mommy it's something I think that's in the PLANET"

I told my (somewhat smarter than me) friend, who said "Oh goody, he discovered Gravity!"

At which I said "People already discovered that"

Then we started arguing about which of us was the least un-intelligent

Sorry. That's the end of the random story.

Pen and Paper RPGs... I think I am missing only the friends and Game Master.

I have friends. (2 of them!!!) but if I asked them to play something like that they would have me on the way to the looney hospital, while one of them poured oil on my head and the other prayed to Jesus to expel the demon.

(They're both nuts, and whenever I talk about any of my interests, they think I am nuts, so....)

Anyway, I hope your project goes well!

Welcome to the Guild!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh