Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unnamed Mountain Village

I really like the first one, it looks "right" the rocky edges give it real depth.
    John

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by Antimon View Post
    I discarded the idea of making the mountains with Photoshop. So I played some time with Bryce and came up with something interesting (the left map). It looks a bit weird though, especially if you zoom in. So I tried to find something more normal but still ineresting and came up with the second map. What do you think about it?
    I think if you turned the green moss effect, on the second version, into snow, Thulsa Doom would come over the mountain pass and conquer the village.

Sorry, listening to the Conan score.

I can't decide on which is better, so I'll post both as finished. Thanks for writing and make sure to take a look at my next project, too.
    Last edited by Antimon; 07-27-2008 at 06:23 PM.

I don't suppose you care to go into any kind of detail on how you created those mountains? I don't have Bryce (is it free?). As I understand it it's a 3d rendering program?

Quote Originally Posted by Finis View Post
    I don't suppose you care to go into any kind of detail on how you created those mountains? I don't have Bryce (is it free?). As I understand it it's a 3d rendering program?
    Right, Bryce is a 3D rendering program. The current version is 6.1 and not free, but 5.5 is.
    I woundn't mind going into detail at all. Actually, I've thought about making another Bryce tutorial as I've seen only one in the tutorial section.

Blog Entries

There is a keyword index with Bryce on it and it has a few more so check these out too and see what pops out of that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123