Thread: Hello, everyone!

Default Hello, everyone!

Hi! First of all, I would like to thank you for this awesome forum. I have been lurking for a while and gotten a lot of useful information, so I thought it might be time to join even if it was only to say thanks. My name is Ana. I am a fantasy writer currently working on her first novel, and well, I kinda got into cartography when I tried to make my first map and discovered this site full of beautiful maps. Long story short, I stared at some of them for hours, and I ended up discovering that I like the idea of drawing a map from nothing.

As of now, I am working on a map on a map for my novel (again). I'm still clumsy, but I hope that with time and practice, I will get better.

See you around!

Ps: sorry if there's a mistake or something, I'm not a native English speaker.

Welcome, Ana! When ready, show us your map please, and eventually the novel behind it? Hopefully I'll be able to find it at Barnes & Noble :-).

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    Welcome. I have been a member for a little over a month and a half. In that time I have learned a great deal. My maps have gotten better just be learning from others on this site and reading and seeing what others have tried and succeeded and have failed at. I look forward to seeing your maps.

Tracker

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Welcome, Ana! When ready, show us your map please, and eventually the novel behind it? Hopefully I'll be able to find it at Barnes & Noble :-).
    I'm with this guy, Ana.
    I would love to see your map and novel whenever you have reached the final stage

Cheers

Thanks for the warm welcome! As of now, I am drawing my first city map. Once I am done with the buildings (sometime this week), I guess I'll start a WIP thread. Hope you guys like it!

I'll be looking forward to it, Ana.

Welcome to the Guild Ana! And best wishes to you on writing your novel, and making your first map of course. Look forward to seeing it.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh