Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Member introduction

Blog Entries

Thanks!

The best part is I did a print screen of the bits I needed.. then... made that Gimp tutorial in MS Paint!!

(Kay, it's past my bedtime now, I'm getting goofy...)

Hope it actually helps!!

Guild Applicant

Hi, I am new to CG. I am currently taking geo in university, and my course focuses on an introduction to Esri software, mainly the ArcGIS suite. I have a hand-drawn map that I would like to make into a digital map, and would like to explore making it into a 'professional' real life map (this is very difficult as to do anything in ArcMap, one must have data). Or would it be better to make the map in a more 'artistic' kind of software?

Anyways, thanks for having me.

@ C. Craig, yes, Gimp does have a bit of a learning curb, but honestly if you stick with it and spend a few hours reading through the bits of the documentation relevant to what you are working on, and searching for tutorials, I think it will pay dividends later on. Given what your goal is you could create your entire map free of cost with this one program alone. Don't give up just yet.

@ Wolfboy183, welcome to the Guild! I'd spend some time getting to know the tutorials section as you will find guides that will walk you through various methods for creating maps in different styles. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks you Jalyha! That is indeed PURTY! I have no idea how you did that, maybe I'm dumb as a post. I may be manic depressive before I get a map done. I so appreciate your taking the time to save me from despair and lead me 'into the light.'

Thanks to you as well Arsheesh. I'm seriously frustrated, but this old goat does NOT give up. It may take me a while, but I will get there and I'll make you two proud you took the time to help me through this. I'm seriously amazed at the thoughtfulness and sharing in this wonderful group.

Blog Entries

Yeah, gimp's a pain. And thanks for playing along on the purtiness

Gimp can be complicated at first... Maybe if you showed what the problem is you're running into?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12