Thread: Paid map making for fantasy novel

Post Paid map making for fantasy novel

Hello there!

My name is Tom Baker and I am a writer. I started an all new fantasy series a few months back and I before beginning writing I'd like to have my world fully realised to as an aid whilst writing. For this, I'd like a nicely detailed black and white map that would fit perfectly into a book!

I would like ELEVEN of these, one for each region/province of three individual continents and some smaller islands. This is huge amount of work which I will pay handsomely for to one or maybe multiple artists - I am looking for a consistent style however.

The style I'd like is from George R.R. Martin's novels from A Song of Ice and Fire. The printed editions give the reader a very pleasant and detailed map that I would like created for my world of Elandaria! The style of these beautiful images are attached for reference.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mmap2_full.jpg 
Views:	2111 
Size:	523.5 KB 
ID:	60361

If you're an interested, talented cartographer; email me at tjoeyb@hotmail.co.uk or tommabear46@hotmail.co.uk and I will get back to you very quickly! There's no rush for my artists, so take your time and enjoy your work!

Thank you for reading,
    TB.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

TB,

This style is certainly something I can replicate and I would like to hear more about the project. I'm working on a commission right now, but should have another opening later this month or early March. Eleven maps is a massive undertaking, but let me know if you're still looking for people.

My portfolio is here, although it doesn't currently feature anything in the plain black & white style that you want. I have done a lot in that style for personal projects.

Thanks, James