Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Broadsword Class Mercenary Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    "The Skylark of Space" had a big spacegoing golfball back in 1928. Successive books eventually made it to planetary-scale balls.

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/20869 if you've never read it.
    Cool, I may have to put up a bibliography of Spherical ships on my sight once its up and running.

Looks good. I look forward to see more.

I loved the concept of Traveller. We tried it for a short while, but there was a valid critique, in that if you stayed in whatever service to get good at something, when you retired you were OLD. It was hard for us when were 18-20 somethings to relate to being 50 or 60. Now, of course, is it SO much easier.

I think I recall this style of ship from one of the supplements...? I have them, but they're all packed in storage. If I remember, I'll pull them out. Azanti High Lightning, Invasion Earth, and Imperium (loved that game). Always won at Imperium. The owner, in a fit of pique, gave me that game and refused to play anymore. I tried to give it back, but he refused, so I got a couple of cool board games, and several supplements many many years ago. Snapshot was another cool, short game (used for close combat), and I used a lot of those rules when doing DnD when magic and tech intermixed.

Nice artwork. What programs are you using for the artwork, Ravells?

For these I use a vector drawing program called Serif Drawplus. It has most of the functionality of Adobe Illustrator but at a fraction of the price and it's much more (to me) intuitive to use as well.
    best
    ravs

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345