Thread: Wizard Tower Needs Alchemical Doodads

Guild Member

Default Wizard Tower Needs Alchemical Doodads

Hi, this is Arcknight Games and we've just finished another section of our tabletop maps : A "Wizard Tower". ATM it has 6 interchangable parts and we're pretty happy with the kit in general BUT we promised to deliver some sort of "lab" and we're having a hang-up on the doodads required.

Anyone have any particular skill in making top-down tiny object art? We'd be willing to pay the artist for their time to sketch/draw design and create these doodads, and then we'll likely convert them to vector art to match the rest of the graphics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WizardTowerSetPreview.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	377.3 KB 
ID:	60368
    Here's the Tower maps

and here's the "Laboratory" map with all the tables we'd like to cover with doodads:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WizardTowerLaboratory-GS.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	60369

Blog Entries

Just to clarify...

You want things like beakers, books, test tubes, herbs and jars... things like that that can be combined, reordered, etc? Or as a specific design for this area?

Guild Member

Yep, thats exactly right. A series of beakers, jars, and other objects, each on a transparent background. Thus far we've taken sketches / drawings and used them as a foundation to manually redraw them into vector art in illustrator, that way they can be textured and scaled and lighting can be applied to them when we render the maps.

Our artist just has an artist's block when it comes to imagining top-down alchemical objects, so I'm looking for some fresh eyes for this task.

Guild Journeyer

Hello:
    I am currently the project manager of a game alchemist book. You are missing buckets for water. The water is used to put out the fires that may occur. Also there are 12 alchemical processes morethan half deal with heat or flame. Once the process is finsihed one needs to cool down or put out the object one was working on. I like the storage. I hoped this has helped.

Tracker

Guild Member

Thanks. Accuracy in doodads are great!