Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Style Risk Map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map Old Style Risk Map

So I was looking around the interwebs for an old school Risk map that I could print out and play on. Couldn't find one I liked so I made one myself. Check it out and let me know what you think:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joefrizzell-albums-my+maps-picture57303-old-style-risk-map-i-couldnt-find-any-risk-maps-i-liked-.jpg 
Views:	16173 
Size:	3.22 MB 
ID:	57304

Impressive! I love the colors in it. Are you planning to use it only for Risk or for other things as well?

Skickat från min GT-I9100 med Tapatalk 4

Nice work.

Australia is written this way, isn't it?

The biggest flaw in risk is giving 2 points for Australia. 1 is way better for a balanced game.
    The other possibility would be to keep the 2 points and link east of it with South America.
    Just my two cents as a game designer.

You mean spelt correctly? Yes, Australia is correct. Ukraine has an i in it.
    I remember playing on a map that linked Eastern Australia with Argentina, but maybe that link was drawn in to fix the gameplay.
    I don't think Australia having 2 armies is incorrect - South America gets 2 armies for 4 territories. The big jump is from 3 armies for 6 African territories to 5 for 7 European ones. Europe has an advantage here - it should be only 4 armies for 7 European territories. Compare it with North America which gives 5 armies for 9 territories. Or you could create a new European territory. Probably a Ukraine that borders Northen and Southern Eorope and the remainder of the old Ukraine change to Russia.

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected
    Blog Entries

Hello. I like the aspect. I am trying to do a map of this aspect for a Ticket to ride map. I am using Inkscape. Could you give me some tips of how you did yours ? Cheers.

It's a fantastic map, I'd like to get a hi res version to blow up for a giant risk board I am planning to make. Any chance you could send me the hi res version?

I don't know much about inkscape, I used photoshop to make this map. here's a link to the PSD if you want to take a look:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/apwcqqtakideyiy/An0C9VVyDM

Basically I took a generic risk map and overlaid it with the texture from some old paper and added text. All the pieces are in the link if you want to play around.

Thanks! Here's the download link for the bigger file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2mwima07n1mqis/Risk_Map.jpg

its 42 in @ 300dpi, so you should be good on the size. Also i fixed the spelling on it (whoops).

You're an absolute star, I wasn't sure whether you were going to reply or not. I have downloaded the full version, I'll make it into a full size giant risk set then will upload some photos.
    Thanks again, it's a beautiful map!

Cool. Is that the number of armies per turned in card set along the top? I hate having to look that up every time, great idea to put it on the board. Plus you can use a marker to keep track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast