Thread: Land of 12 tribes and 12 cities

Default Land of 12 tribes and 12 cities

Hi, I made a map. ... Well, okay, it's not done yet. I still need good fonts and banners for the tribes and city-staates, there are just numbers as stand in there for now. Thus, it's more like version 0.1 alpha here:

(map now in second post)

Names are mostly just placeholders, too.Though I like the Russian ones in the east. I'll keep those.

Story behind it: It's supposed to become a map for a little strategy game I am naver going to finish programming (probably) where the players are supposed to take the role of a powerful tribe (think "Germanic tribes ca. 700 AD") and beat up each other and their civilized neighbors.

And most importantly credit where credit is due: The mountains and forest texture is stolen from the great map Selvarin by -Max-. Of course it's not as good on my map, because I just patched it in as a pattern...

Criticism welcome.
    Last edited by Maraxus_; 02-16-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Max requested, that I should not use his stuff, so I have replaces the mountains for now. I used the shaded mountains, originally created by Ramah, turned into brushes by vhailor27 and prettified and turned into pngs by Neyjour. Now, with such a teamwork nothing can go wrong, can it? Anyway, it took me some time to get the Brightness/Contrast/Saturation settings in a way that they blend in okay with the rest of the map and I think the result is acceptable.

On the bad side, I think I have to many mountain spikes per mountain range, I should have increased the size of the mountain-bits in the more rocky areas, maybe 150% or so.