Contractual Agreement for the Commission of Artwork
This agreement is made this ______ day of ______________, __20_____ (year) by and between:
Artist’s Name: ________________________________________________(h erein known as "Artist")
Patron’s Name: ________________________________________________(h erein known as "Patron")
All parties agree as follows:
1. The Patron is commissioning a work of art created by the Artist. Subject matter will be described herein.
2. It is the intent of all parties that the Artist creates artwork for the Patron that the Patron will purchase the work. However, if, after the work is completed, the Patron does not wish to purchase the work, the Patron may refuse the created artwork. In that case, the Artist will retain the refused artwork and the nonrefundable deposit, free of any claims or interests of the Patron and the Patron will owe no additional fees to the Artist.
3. Artist reserves ___________ to all works commissioned by Patron that are created by the Artist, including _________ rights and the right to claim statutory copyright. The Patron may _________.
4. The Artist will decide selling price for the artwork. Fee will be based upon size and complexity of completed work, time taken to complete said work and will be consistent with other comparable works by Artist at the time of sale. For additional and/or unusual services, a "hassle-charge" may apply. All parties will agree to price in writing prior to the commencement of the artwork. The Artist and Patron will mutually determine size.
5. A nonrefundable deposit of one- half of the selling price is required before any work shall commence. Payment in full is due upon receipt of artwork(s).
Artwork # ____________
Working Title _________
Initial of Patron
Initial of Artist
IN WITNESS WHEREOF the parties hereto have executed this Agreement on the day and year written above.