Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Argona - my first city map (WIP)

Just added the last touch : the stamp of the Company of the Argonauts and the stamp of the Cartographers. I'll wait for your explanation now, THW

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argo dispo neo.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	61891

Absolutely amazing. I would agree that this definitely deserves a cartographer's choice award when it's finished!

As for your latest changes: Dökheim looks a lot better now, the shadow helps a lot I would probably place the stamp and the logo a little lower, especially logos tend to be placed more in corners. Since these two things are not part of the key it would also be fitting to separate them more clearly from all the beautiful explanations on the side.
    Oh and I have a question: The "Schéma des Arrondissements" is currently aligned on the left, with the other key-boxes above it. But the Arrondissements-box is shorter than those, and "Ponts de L'Artère" (which is also a shorter box) is aligned in the center - did you do this on purpose? Or do you think it might look more even if the arrondissements-box would be aligned in the center as well? … Hm I have the feeling I didn't do a good job of explaining it, so have a picture:

Name:	Bild001.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	61893

Apart from that I think Argona is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing anymore if I were you, it is so amazingly beautiful, awesome and incredible!

edit: oooh I just discovered the Parc de Phosfère! Is that really a phosphor-park? What a lovely idea!
    Last edited by Lyrillies; 02-28-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    And that's with great detail like "A COMPASS tells you which direction is north!"

Bit of a misunderstanding. My suggestion wasn't to do with showing levels. I just think the map might benefit from highlighting the notable buildings you have in the legend. I've included an image to show what I mean, although I have to admit I was starting to have doubts whether the idea would be any good.

THW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	61894  

By Lyrillies
    Oh and I have a question: The "Schéma des Arrondissements" is currently aligned on the left, with the other key-boxes above it. But the Arrondissements-box is shorter than those, and "Ponts de L'Artère" (which is also a shorter box) is aligned in the center - did you do this on purpose
    No, that wasn't intentional at all! Thanks to point it out, I corrected that.

By Lyrillies
    oooh I just discovered the Parc de Phosfère! Is that really a phosphor-park? What a lovely idea!
    Yep, you got it right That's a parc with phosphorous plants, both for wanderers and to grow those plants for

By TheHoarseWhisperer
    Bit of a misunderstanding. My suggestion wasn't to do with showing levels. I just think the map might benefit from highlighting the notable buildings you have in the legend. I've included an image to show what I mean, although I have to admit I was starting to have doubts whether the idea would be any good.
    Ah OK, indeed. I understand now. I do like the idea to show more precisely the location of notable buildings (especially when it's just a part of a buildings block), but I don't want to underline too much this. I could add lines to separate each buildings, but I'm afraid it will overcharge the overall thing. So, I'll probably keep it like it was.

Name:	Argo dispo neo.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	4.70 MB 
ID:	61918

Wow, this is turning out to be an impressive piece Ilanthar!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks Arsheesh! I'm calling the map (endly) done, and you can find it here.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112