Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Argona - my first city map (WIP)

Blog Entries

I might just keep picking on things just so you will keep telling me more of the story (I might want to live there! )

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

I really like this last version.
    I dunno if i am sure, but guess is some details/ divisions in the roofs will give some "reality irregularity".

I loved the idea of Zeppelins, i just can imagine how it will be. Just a idea, to not forget the high levels buildings for VIP airlifts. Some ppl will like to go to labs, political centers and events using Zepelins what will give a medieval hi-tech touch.

By Jalyha
    I might just keep picking on things just so you will keep telling me more of the story
    Well, I haven't decided everything yet, but Eldoran and Argona had already a lot of background written, so I could speak of it for a long time (or not so long, cause I'm not so fluent in english )

By aquarits
    I dunno if i am sure, but guess is some details/ divisions in the roofs will give some "reality irregularity".
    I've thought about that (adding towers or domes, inner roof divisions...), but my scale isn't really a good one for that... Besides, I already have a lot of things (too much probably) to add on the map.

By aquarits
    Just a idea, to not forget the high levels buildings for VIP airlifts. Some ppl will like to go to labs, political centers and events using Zepelins what will give a medieval hi-tech touch.
    There are three magic big pillars in the city designed for its magical protection. One effect is to forbid air devices (technical or magical) to get too close to the city (except for the skyport of course). But, there is a "transport in common" device which relies on cables and is like a "suspended tramway". I just haven't indicated it yet...

Guild Journeyer

Hello:

Overall I like the map and concept. Looking at the history of airships on earth you can see that they required a great deal of area just to land. The hanger(s) that were in New Jersy and Germany for example had plenty of open space around them. This was due to logistical reasons for dealing with airships. Then you have the Empire State Building in New york city. It was designed for airships to dock at the top of the tower. Also are there any private fields docking areas for the VIP air ship owners or government use?

Tracker

Thanks Tracker,

I must confess that I did not take that in consideration. But, well, some of the buildings close to the "skyfront" are docks, shipyard or hangars actually. So I suppose some could shelter some zeppelins!

OK, I have the buildings for the entire city now. Only the "under city" is missing right now... But I think I'm gonna try some labels and indications right now!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argona full wl.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	60674

Any comments still welcome!

Blog Entries

Wow it's really looking great!!

Always struggling with labels... and I clearly need your point of view on this one (an objective view ).
    I know its french names, but did you read the street names :
    a) easily
    b) with high concentration and eye fatigue
    c) not at all
    d) joker

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Can u read.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	511.7 KB 
ID:	60745

Thanks by advance (and by the way, I wrote a "skyfront avenue" )

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

The street labels aren't cleary legible. I'd pick up a more legible font to do them.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Looks really good, Ilanthar!
    About the names, I'll answer something in between a and b. No eye fatigue, but it did take some concentration

Blog Entries

I hate to say it, because the font *looks* like it belongs there, but... it was a little hard to read in places.

It's not a big deal if your map will always be this size, but, if it were, say, in a book, it would be impossible

It looks so awesome though !!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast