Thread: The Kingdoms of Kesh - Fantasy map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map The Kingdoms of Kesh - Fantasy map

Hey all,

The Kingdoms of Kesh is a map I started a long ago (well, actually I just checked that I started a WIP of this map in May 2013) and I must admit that I've sometimes lost some motivation along the time with it but it had to be finished, I was frustrated of having it at an unfinished stage in my files. So, it was time
    My goal for this map was to depict a fictional fantasy territory over three ages and show some political changes through the evolution of heraldry, borders and stuff over the years, related to some main historic events of the region. So I chose a triptych construction flanked by two main chronological cartouches, one for heraldry, the other for a timeline. The idea was to make a map which of course delivers classical information, but also tells a story that the reader can discover throughout its observation of the map. As always when you look at your old work, I think I would do some things in different way if I'd have to do it now but all in all, I'm pretty satisfied of how it turned out. Thanks to people who supported it in its early stages
    The map is 40"x55" and was done in Photoshop. Unfortunately, I had to reduce both size and quality to fit the forum attachment criterias.

English isn't my primary language so I hope you'll forgive me for the various misspellings or grammar that I might have done on it.

Hope you'll like it,

As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keshfinalsmall.jpg 
Views:	1626 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	60507
    Last edited by - Max -; 01-21-2014 at 02:00 PM.