Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdoms of Kesh - Fantasy map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map The Kingdoms of Kesh - Fantasy map

Hey all,

The Kingdoms of Kesh is a map I started a long ago (well, actually I just checked that I started a WIP of this map in May 2013) and I must admit that I've sometimes lost some motivation along the time with it but it had to be finished, I was frustrated of having it at an unfinished stage in my files. So, it was time
    My goal for this map was to depict a fictional fantasy territory over three ages and show some political changes through the evolution of heraldry, borders and stuff over the years, related to some main historic events of the region. So I chose a triptych construction flanked by two main chronological cartouches, one for heraldry, the other for a timeline. The idea was to make a map which of course delivers classical information, but also tells a story that the reader can discover throughout its observation of the map. As always when you look at your old work, I think I would do some things in different way if I'd have to do it now but all in all, I'm pretty satisfied of how it turned out. Thanks to people who supported it in its early stages
    The map is 40"x55" and was done in Photoshop. Unfortunately, I had to reduce both size and quality to fit the forum attachment criterias.

English isn't my primary language so I hope you'll forgive me for the various misspellings or grammar that I might have done on it.

Hope you'll like it,

As usual, feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keshfinalsmall.jpg 
Views:	1619 
Size:	4.33 MB 
ID:	60507
    Last edited by - Max -; 01-21-2014 at 02:00 PM.

Blog Entries

I really wish you hadn't needed to reduce the size... I have bad eyes, and I'm trying to read the timeline

Still this is a great map, and a BRILLIANT concept.

I'm still looking over the map, but I had to stop to tell you it's absolutely stunning

This is awesome! I wish that I could read a book about this place or even a series of books! I love the timeline, your concept is (as Jalyha said) BRILLIANT. It's always a treat to see your maps, thanks for sharing them with us.

The overall design is very pleasing. The concept of the whole thing is brilliant, as Jalyha said. I especially like the heraldry...very cool and atmospheric.
    As to the maps themselves....i still think the forest representations are not that good (too sparse) and you have better looking mountains in other maps. It is still a very good looking map, don't get me wrong, but it could be even better, imo.

Have a "like" (can't rep. you as it seems).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Adept

Absolutely love the concept,, I will keeping this notion in mind for future map projects with you, LOL. Some graphic improvements are possible, but in general, one of my favorites that you've done.

Could be a great way to do some time-lapse mapping for regions of the Sister Continents.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks all you guys, glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Veldehar View Post
    Absolutely love the concept,, I will keeping this notion in mind for future map projects with you, LOL. Some graphic improvements are possible, but in general, one of my favorites that you've done.
    Could be a great way to do some time-lapse mapping for regions of the Sister Continents.
    Hehe, could be

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    The overall design is very pleasing. The concept of the whole thing is brilliant, as Jalyha said. I especially like the heraldry...very cool and atmospheric.
    As to the maps themselves....i still think the forest representations are not that good (too sparse) and you have better looking mountains in other maps. It is still a very good looking map, don't get me wrong, but it could be even better, imo..
    You're absoutely right, some stuff could be improved, it's already a kind of an old map for me, most stuff was done 8 months ago. This said, the geographical features weren't my main focus on this map

Blog Entries

I seriously want to use this map for my wallpaper. :L

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Nice to see the map wrapped up. And its another document of your progress in just a Simple Year.

Guild Journeyer

Amazing! I'd buy one.

Stunning! This is one of my favorite of your pieces. Really well done. Sorry I can't rep you.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast