Thread: Map for D&D Homebrew Campaign

Default Map for D&D Homebrew Campaign

Here's a map I created for a D&D homebrew campaign this summer ("Finding the Forgotten Folk"). The eight-part adventure is very gnome-centric—easily my favorite playable race for D&D.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2746.JPG 
Views:	319 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	85768

The gnomes have a name for this land in their language: “Pelek ay Criista.” Literally translated, it means “hack and slash.” It’s a gnomish idiom, similar in meaning to “the rat race.” In other words, beyond the gnomish villages is a world of constant, nonsensical struggle and toil. Our adventure will begin in the Dyre Lands, near the gnomish village of Glimmerloch.

If you're curious, I'm getting all my gnomish terms and phrases from this resource: http://www.worldofazolin.com/wiki/in...omish_Language

Like the last map I posted, I'm using ideas from the book How to Draw Fantasy Art and RPG Maps: Step by Step Cartography for Gamers and Fans by Jared Blando.

Feedback is most welcome. I think my biggest problem is that I tend to rush. It would look nicer, if I was more patient with my lines. Thoughts?
    Last edited by davidhopkins; 07-27-2016 at 11:29 AM. Reason: (Map image was sideways.)