Thread: Iron Golem Laboratory

Default Iron Golem Laboratory

Just playing around, something to do in between real work. Wanting to try some experiments. I'm not sure where this belongs in the WIP forum - it's not really a structure, its a chamber containing a laboratory, so I opted to put it in battlemaps, for lack of better category to place it. This is all done in Xara Designer Pro 9 (vector drawing app), there's heavy use of bevels as in all my maps, but also some 3D extrude - another feature of Xara I seldom use.

This will be a wizard's laboratory for constructing an iron golem. I've decided to create a bit of a wahoo comic like look to this iron golem, and similar wahoo styling for the rest of the map. Yesterday, I created the iron golem and posted it in the Map Symbols forum, but here it is with a little more work - I'm pacing this slow, as I am busy with things I have to do, so only a few minutes here and there to work on the map.

I eventually plan to include a small smithy, work bench, tools, an arcane tome for constructing golems, and other things as I think them up.

Below I've created a power system of a large battery with cables attached to back of golem, and an adjoining water-filled tank of electric eels. Moving right along.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iron-golem-lab.png 
Views:	511 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	60543
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Looking good!

This looks great Gameprinter. I love your cartoony style.

Added a small smithy, a workbench, a toolbox and assorted tools - this goes on the left side of the chamber containing the above golem on table.

Name:	tools-smithy.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	60573
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 01-22-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Uh I don't know why, but I'm getting this message when I try to click the link with the smithy stuff:

vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

I removed the attachment and reattached - its seems to be working now.
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Yes it's working now

It looks really awesome. I can't wait to see it all finished up and put together!

Now I'm thinking about doing an entire evil wizard's keep with this iron golem laboratory as a single floor, or a chamber within. So here's a complete Iron Golem Laboratory, with more to go. Enjoy!

Name:	iron-golem-lab-chamber.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	4.24 MB 
ID:	60577
    DrivethruRPG store

Nice work GP. After I looked a little more closely, I realized you are using electric eels to power the golem. BUT, on first glance I thought, "OH COOL, he's using Stargate Goa'uld symbiotes to give life to the golem! That won't end well!" LOL !