Thread: hey hey!

Default hey hey!

Hi everyone, I'm Berg, andddd I have just recently gotten into cartography. I got into it because I really love world building, but while working on my most recent project, I realised that I'm too much of a perfectionist to just do a lame unscaled/unrealistic sketch of a map and be done with it.
    I haven't made any nice digital maps yet (re: broken printer (scanning), broken tablet, time), but I've done a lot of sketching and want to start as soon as possible.

Aside from maps, I focus most of my energy on world building, and have an amature interest in conlang. I play some D&D, but not nearly as much as I'd like to.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn a lot from the forums here and become a good cartographer!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Welcome to the Guild, Berg, you will find some worldbuilding guys around and feedbacks, advices and tutorials about maps aswell

Blog Entries

Hi there, berg!

I like world-building, and do it constantly. I'm nuts about conlangs (and fairly good at that). And I also like mapping (though I am not at all good at this so far).

I came here for pretty much the same reason as you did, and I've learned a lot, met some great people, and had a lot of fun.

I hope you do the same... and that you have more luck with mapping!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm totally obsessed with world building, and especially I like creating histories for the societies I create (I end up making a looot of timelines). It'd be really fun to get more into conlangs, but my problem is staying consistent with the sound of a language, so the most I ever really do is a noun words for my people/places.

I'm excited to get started mapping!!

Blog Entries

I started a thread around here somewhere about conlang construction, in the toponymy and linguistics subforum. There's lots of worldbuilding stuff in that area, and stuff about naming your people/places/whatever, and all kinds of fun stuff.

I'm into the histories of my people too, but I get all caught up in the growth of religions and politics and end up spiraling off into a different story!

Good luck mapping!

Welcome to the Guild, something for everyone!

Welcome to the Guild Berg! I joined the Guild for much the same reasons a few years back. Then I was interested to find ways to create maps for the custom D&D world setting that I was building. As much as I enjoyed the world-building I came to enjoy cartography even more, and now I spend far more time making maps than I do on my campaign setting. At any rate, the point is you will find many people here who share your interests and there are resources aplenty for helping you to move forward to the stage of digital cartography. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the welcome, arsheesh! I excitedly anticipate my map making, and hope that I can eventually share some cool maps here.
    I just hope I don't forget about my campaigns!