Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The island Antillia

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

There are some theories that the word Antillia is derived from Atlantis… But honestly, I won't bring Atlantis into this map. I just think Atlantis has been done enough, you know? There's no need for my version too. Antillia was completely new for me when I read about it, and that's why I wanted to paint it

I believed it came from "ante ilha" or something close, meaning "the island (located) forward". Anyhow, it's a legend with many faces typical of a period (the begining of the transoceanic explorations), where people expected to find islands already inhabited with descendants of old times.
    There's a same similarity with the exploration of Americas : the Eldorado, Quivira, etc. and the founding of a lost but incredibly rich city.

Looking great Lingon! The colouring at the start didn't appeal to me at first (so used to seeing digital maps I guess) but it's come out really well.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Ilanthar: Yup, I think Ante Ilha seems like the most probable theory too.
    Sharpes: Thank you!

So, yeah, I'm calling this one finished now. Thanks for the feedback and support, everyone!

In your brief history of Antillia (paragraph four, line three) you have "where" instead of "were".

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567