Thread: WIP - Map { Eshkura }

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip WIP - Map { Eshkura }

Hello people First timer here. I've used photoshop for a long time, but not very much for the last couple years. Recently I've had the desire to draw out maps, so I finally started attempting to create one in Photoshop. Looked up a few tutorials last night, had a bit of trouble following them with some bits, but I was able to somewhat learn how to shape the land.

Here's what I've got to start with at the moment:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP_Map1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	897.2 KB 
ID:	60625

Any tips on how to easily clean up edges is also appreciated

Edit: I may change the left land mass around a bit, I don't like how round it appears. Also, there's a few little ridiculous things, such as the 2 skulls, also the dog/panda looking face that I may get rid of. Although the skulls I think look cool, it's probably not too realistic. But I suppose that's the point of a fantasy map

I also want to add more detail all around. With less detail it doesn't look as large as I intend for it to be. Maybe it just looks that way because there's no features on it yet.

I'd like to learn how to make simple & clean, varying mountains, forests, rivers etc. I've looked around a bit and tried a few things but didn't turn out as I had hoped (or I couldn't get it to work at all), but if anyone has any tutorials to share that aren't too complicated, it would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Last edited by Zarxiel; 01-24-2014 at 01:17 AM.