Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WIP - Map { Eshkura }

Worked a bit on the upper landmass, basically just a giant forest. Added back in a few missing mountains, and made the forest/mountain lines/overlap better. Increased the size of one of the forests.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NewMap_1WIP9top.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	62297

Name:	NewMap_1WIP9bot.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	62298

Maybe I'll crop them evenly next time.
    Last edited by Zarxiel; 03-15-2014 at 05:16 AM.

I've been a little dissatisfied with my scale, the largeness of some features such as mountains, river thickness etc. makes the land appear to be smaller than I had liked. Also not too into the vibrancy of the colors anymore lol. I might remake a couple tree brushes that are from a birds eye view, that way I can better make mountains and have things not be covered up because of the angle of the mountains/trees etc..

I'm considering started all over, because I don't like how the land resembles Louisiana haha I think if I restart It'll go along much quicker, especially if I do a birds-eye view rather than from at an angle. If I do a birds-eye view the way I'll probably make the mountains is just with the magnetic lasso and bevel the outcome with a rocky pattern etc.. The problem with that is it comes out a little cheesy, but maybe I can fiddle around with it to make everything blend better, I dunno - I suppose I'll just have to give it a shot.

Here's a recolor I did, there's also a lot of things changed. Changed the shape of the forests, also added some simple lines to help display varied height of the land, make it less flat. Also turned a desert into a sort of forest/meadow.

But anyways, I think I'll attempt to restart if I'm not feeling lazy Go with a less vibrant look and a birds-eye view. And less Louisiana looking lol

Edit: Also been curious about how to accurately display climate regions/changes based on location, height etc, rather than just sporadic zones randomly placed about.

Name:	Maprecolor.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	62633
    Last edited by Zarxiel; 03-25-2014 at 11:21 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234