Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kolmara, a Japan-inspired island

I always love your color choices! Great map!

Guild Adept

I get what folks are saying, but as mentioned, they do tend to fit an eastern look. What I would suggest, if getting picky and patient enough to do it, would be to take each individual mark and give fine imperfections, so that it looks like the symbols were done with ink and carved stamps. When in China a few years back I bought some custom name and address carved stamps and they always give a certain rustic, imperfect, less than digital feel which would fit the tone of the map better.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Yep, the client is the boss even if they are wrong!

By Lingon
    I'm not too happy with them either to be honest, I'd have preferred to paint them on the map
    That would have been awesome I'm sure! Lovely map despite the "icons's question"

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks guys!
    Veldehar, that's good points. I should have done the imperfections. If it had been a personal piece I'd probably have gone back and added that, but now the client was satisfied and i don't think I was paid enough to do another revision Still, thanks for the suggestion!

Guild Adept

Yeah, for a personal or well-paid map... LOL. I'd be curious to see it down and whether it would look as cool as it does in my head. I would guess its been done somewhere, might have to poke around when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Veldehar, that's good points. I should have done the imperfections. If it had been a personal piece I'd probably have gone back and added that, but now the client was satisfied and i don't think I was paid enough to do another revision Still, thanks for the suggestion!
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Ah, these are the icons you were referring to. I like it! The mountain style and forests are really great as well.

very nice work, well i need a map like these for my d&d campain can i contact you man?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks, I appreciate it
    (Responding to Cricio in PM.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12