Thread: Auto logout?

Default Auto logout?

Hi, I have been having a problem with the site automatically logging me out. As best as I can see, after 10 or so minutes of inactivity on the site I am no longer signed in. So if I am writing a post then leave my computer for a short time, I will hit the "Submit Post" button and be redirected to the screen that says I am not logged in and need to re-enter my username and password, and I lose some of the post content. This can also happen when I am trying to upload images.

I don't know if the site is supposed to do this, but it is irritating. If auto logout is a setting then I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in advance for any explanations/help/solutions.

Z

Blog Entries

I haven't found any real solution to this either. However, I've noticed:

If you click "Remember Me", when logging in, it lets you idle longer

I've never been logged out in under 20 minutes :s

The reply box auto saves periodically. I've never lost post content? But I'm paranoid, so I usually copy everything before I walk away from the pc, anyway. Then if something's missing after getting logged out I just paste it.
    Then again, I usually type in word or notepad and paste into the message area anyway - on any forum...

I wish I had a solution for you, but in the meantime, you might try one of these techniques so you don't lose anything?

Good luck!