Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fractal Terrains PRO: .Bin files

In FT Pro and Wilbur, a binary file is an uncomrpessed rectangular raster of data. In short, it's a very simple image. Given the material that you're starting from, Ralf's Jhendor tutorial mentioned above is a workable process to use. There appears to be a bug in the most recent update (2.3) that causes problems when using binary files, however.

FT Pro has a tool intended for converting colors to directly to altitudes. Use Image Overlays>>Color to Altitude Conversion and follow the steps indicated.

All i needed was a kick in the right direction. Ralph's Tutorial and Wilbur programs was all i needed to spark my project.

Thank you all for your responses. They were insightful.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Well i've tried the tutorial Ralph made for his Jendhor world but it's a bit out of date. Wilbur has changed significantly since then and some functionality were changed. I tried to follow his guidelines as close as possible but i fail to produce interesting results.

The way hight levels are entered has changed and there a new extensions that are handled by FTRPO. All in all, no luck producing my relief map but i'm still trying.

Here's hoping i find the light.

Thanks again for all your help.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Well, the search is over. I was able to import my map in FR pro. For more details, see my WIP project

Thanks again.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12