Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Greetings!

  1. #1

    Default Greetings!

    Hello All,

    I recently started a Swords & Wizardry campaign after a decade-long hiatus from role-playing, and a friend mentioned this site as a possible source for location maps. Wow! The work shown here is amazing!

    I have also been playing around with making my own maps (in PhotoShop), but clearly I have a lot to learn...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Starting Area Map.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	305.7 KB 
ID:	60754 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lascon Area Map.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	60757 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Workshop Vicinity Map.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	379.6 KB 
ID:	60755 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Found Map - Murk & Vicinity.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	260.4 KB 
ID:	60756

    I do have one question right from the start: In the Finished Maps forum, I can see the individual map threads, but there's also a section that contains thumbnails for all of the finished maps. When I go to the thumbnails section, I don't see any -- just a note that the section is "only visible to Guild members." Do I need to do something further to gain access?

    Thank you!
    Last edited by Grison; 01-27-2014 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Guild Expert Jalyha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Out of my Mind!
    Posts
    1,067
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Um, pretty sure you have to have 5 posts before you can see the gallery images

  3. #3
    Community Leader Gracious Donor - Max -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Welcome to the guild Grison! Once you'll hit 5 posts, you should be able to see it (antispam measure)

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    Um, pretty sure you have to have 5 posts before you can see the gallery images
    That might explain it! I thought the 5-post requirement was only for sending private messages.

  5. #5

    Default

    Is it bad form to post a few extra times in my own intro thread?

  6. #6
    Community Leader Gracious Donor - Max -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    2,988

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grison View Post
    Is it bad form to post a few extra times in my own intro thread?
    There's probably plenty of finished maps or WIP where you might want to drop a comment instead btw to avoid double posts, you can just edit it using the edit button (just right down the post window)

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    There's probably plenty of finished maps or WIP where you might want to drop a comment instead btw to avoid double posts, you can just edit it using the edit button (just right down the post window)
    But the edit button doesn't increase my post count. ;-)

    Okay, enough of that. I'll earn my 5th post legitimately.

  8. #8
    Guild Adept
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rome, Italy - New York, USA
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Actually I like your maps very much, especially the first one. What technique did you use? Is it a reworked satellite photo, or all of your making? (Wilbur? Ft?)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Welcome to the guild Grison! Once you'll hit 5 posts, you should be able to see it (antispam measure)
    Hmmm... I have more than 5 posts now, but still no luck:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	60760

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by feanaaro View Post
    Actually I like your maps very much, especially the first one. What technique did you use? Is it a reworked satellite photo, or all of your making? (Wilbur? Ft?)
    Thank you. It is indeed a reworked satellite photo. The colors and saturation are adjusted and the scale is radically changed. (The source satellite image is rotated almost 180 degrees; those mountains in the SW corner are part of the Himalayas.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •