Thread: City of Gareta

Map City of Gareta

Hi guys. This is my first attempt at cartography, so here it is. The first stages of the City of Gareta:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asbrafell.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	394.4 KB 
ID:	61961

I used hand-drew the walls, streets, terrain and bridges etc, and then traced over them in Photoshop.

Any feedback or comments would be appreciated.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Micah Doulos's Avatar

I like the lay out of the city. I noticed how the there is a moat dug from the river to the keep. I like that. It would be cool if it didn't dead end at the keep and kept going to the west and south west as a moat protecting the entire western curtain wall of the city. That's just a suggestion though. Have you thought of that? Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome. That moat idea is actually quite good. I would do it, but it would mean that the city cannot expand outwards, which I want it to do (in this fantasy realm).

Name:	e96523ee7158f0f1f48b2e841526a5a2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	585.9 KB 
ID:	65085

Here is the second update for the city.

Name:	9567a1d3eb7313c00d0323e066a0fe5e.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	617.9 KB 
ID:	65086

Here is the third update, with colouring outside the city, and a movement of the lord's keep to atop a hill.

Guild Member Facebook Connected madbird-valiant's Avatar

Only problem I have with it is that the keep of a city wouldn't really be outside of the city walls.

Looks like a good start. I'm not sure about your choice of colours though. I think it would look better if they were toned down a bit, they seem too bright to me.