Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf-Hold

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I know exactly what you guys were polite enough not to point out (and thank you), exactly why I re-oriented it. Beleive me, it was purely unintentional.

@Ascension - Thanks I think it worked out pretty well myself. Just need to be careful not to overdue the pattern overlay or it loses all the definition and you can tell what it is anymore
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I know exactly what you guys were polite enough not to point out...
    I made an icon a lot like this as a crevasse for my box set app and when I first shown a map with it on it took the bunch around here about 1 nanosecond to draw breath and say "Whats that big **** thing in the middle...". Neanderthals the lot of em

I know exactly what you guys were polite enough not to point out (and thank you), exactly why I re-oriented it. Beleive me, it was purely unintentional.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw another image at first...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Teeheee, you said WEE

P.S. Is it me, or are us middle aged guys worse than school boys
    We are schoolboys who have finally realized that we don't much care what other people think.

Well I was finally able to get back to this and get a bit more done on it. I'm pretty happy with it so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dwarf-Hold2.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.86 MB 
ID:	5628  

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

One thing that I am having a hard time with is seeing the "depth" of the map. I can't tell if it is a hill or a crag. By your initial post, it is a crag. I just can't see a sense of the depth.

Other than that it is a great looking map.
    Last edited by landorl; 08-05-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    One thing that I am having a hard time with is seeing the "depth" of the map. I can't tell if it is a hill or a crag. By your initial post, it is a crag. I just can't see a sense of the depth.

Other than that it is a great looking map.
    Thanks..and I agree with you, it didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped. Anyone have suggestions on what I can do to give it more "depth"?.

Thanks..and I agree with you, it didn't turn out quite as good as I had hoped. Anyone have suggestions on what I can do to give it more "depth"?.
    My suggestion would be to make the first drop (from the grass to the first step) more sharply cut. Also, maybe if the water at the bottom was a little bit darker/shadowed by the cliffs around it. Finally, maybe have all the shadows fall in one direction, and at a greater distance to capture the feel that the craig is 100's of feet deep. I guess in summary: shadows are your friend.

Map Ag-Zurak (DwarfHold) - Complete???

Allrighty then, I think I'm done with this one. I've tried to make it appear that it has more "depth" than the last version I uploaded. Hopefully I succeeded.

I added some trees, roads, paths (on the lowest level), more buildings and other items. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dwarf-Hold3.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	2.99 MB 
ID:	5782  

Wow, that made a huge difference!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast