Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Divide - Fantasy Version

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Here's the first batch of mountains; simple linework in case I decide to paint in some color at a later stage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MountainsGD1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	60837  

lovely mountains! And an interesting project - I can see why you would put vikings in there, but why exactly did you choose arabs and russians? Any reason or just whatever random thing came to your mind and is interesting to have right next to each other?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Very nice mountains!
    It'd be cool if you drew entire ranges like that, instead of individual peaks…

Arabs and Russians are pretty under-used in fantasy, I think. Has a lot of potential!

Blog Entries

Last 2 contenders for world power in most recent Rise of Nations marathon?

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrillies View Post
    lovely mountains! And an interesting project - I can see why you would put vikings in there, but why exactly did you choose arabs and russians? Any reason or just whatever random thing came to your mind and is interesting to have right next to each other?
    Pretty much random choice. I'm thinking about using Japanese cultures instead of Vikings though, so I can make use of those cool icons that Lingon came up with recently...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Very nice mountains!
    It'd be cool if you drew entire ranges like that, instead of individual peaks…

Arabs and Russians are pretty under-used in fantasy, I think. Has a lot of potential!
    I've actually drawn entire ranges like that on a couple of maps, and it's pretty exhausting. This is a good time saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    Last 2 contenders for world power in most recent Rise of Nations marathon?
    I've actually never played that game. I'm a steadfast Civilization guy - I've been playing old-school the last few months actually - Call to Power. Remember that?

Blog Entries

takin it back to the old school.

I'm torn. I'd love to see those wonderful icons put to use BUT I think vikings arabs and russians would be FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Thanks, E. You'll be glad to know that this map will feature hand-drawn mountains, forests, and other features. No pyramids or relief maps.

Panhartha is getting too big to work on; I'm going to have to figure out a way to either split it up into sections or merge layers in a still-accessible way.
    To the first part: now i'm a happy camper The mountains are already awesome!

To the Panhartha part: I hope you can come up with a solution. Because i would like to see the map in all its glory but also in one piece
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

I kind of feel like the mountains are too big. What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GreatDivideFantasy2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	60951  

I don't really have much of an idea about anything, but I do agree that the mountains look too big here. They kind of don't fit with the highly detailed coastlines. Which are very beautiful by the way!
    As I see it there are two ways to fix this: either resize the mountains or resize the lines in the water just off the coast. Sorry, i have no idea what they are called, but if the distance between them was bigger the land would look smaller and thus the size of the mountains would be more fitting.

At least that's what I imagine, me with my absolute lack of real knowledge.
    And that's with great detail like "A COMPASS tells you which direction is north!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast