Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: The Great Divide - Fantasy Version

Well it is looming ominously over your signature.

I have to say I’m really liking this project and I'm also looking forward to see your progresses in the sci fi version of it (but I know you’re also doing a sci – fi map for the main competition this month, so you’re forgiven for not completing both projects as soon as possible ).

As for the trees, I must agree with most people. I think the real problem with them is that, unlike the mountains (and compared to the mountains), which are simple but very recognizable as mountains, the trees are a bit too abstract. If you isolate one of the mountains from the context of the map, you still recognize it as a mountain; the same can not be said of the trees, which therefore are not entirely consistent with the mountains.
    Of the two versions, I prefer the first, because in the second, the forests seem to me like rocks sticking out of the ground more than trees. It would be different, I think, if they were coloured green; but I also would consider a new shape for the individual tree, that could include the triangle as it is now (so that your initial preference for the tree’s shape wouldn’t be altered), but that could make more explicit the base of the tree (for example, drawing a hint of the trunk or/and closing the triangle to the base).

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I like the new version and I'd go even a bit smaller again

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

After a lot of thought, I think I'll stay with the new, shaded trees. I think for the doubters, once I get some more done, it'll look okay.

By all means keep the comments coming!

(And Fabio, yeah I think I need to finish my challenge entry before I go back to scifi version of this...

I like your new trees... and that's quite an original way to do forests (I'll keep that in mind for future maps)!

Just waiting for the next steps. But it seems that you're quite busy right now, aren't you?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567