• Smuggler's Arms - Ravells

13 40.63%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***July Challenge Voting***

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post ***July Challenge Voting***

Well, the July challenge has come to a close, and we had some great entries all around. Not as many as some of the more recent challenges, but thats ok, we'll try to remedy that in the coming months too

Here's a link to the challenge entries courtesy of our great friend RedRobes
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/Ch...gers_Jul08.htm

Best of luck to the entrants!

This time around we'll be doing the multi-select WITH visible voting so be honest, select no more than three entries when you vote. Everyoen can see what you voted for so BE HONEST!!!

Incomplete entries omitted.
    Last edited by Robbie; 07-27-2008 at 05:54 PM.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

D'oh! I fergot this was a multi poll (so used to voting for just one) Any way my vote can be negated so I can re-vote.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    D'oh! I fergot this was a multi poll (so used to voting for just one) Any way my vote can be negated so I can re-vote.
    heh.... Ditto...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There's no way to revoke a vote that I can tell...always read before clicking hehehe
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Let it be noted that I have cast my ballot, and correctly no less.

Blog Entries

May I congratulate you Vry on an excellent win. I am sure glad we had multiple choice voting this month as from 32 voters 29 of them put you in their top 3 and I expect many of them would have put you number 1 and not left any crumbs for us.

Looking at your map there is exquisite detail, good lighting, interesting shapes well everything really. If you had posted the map in on the last day and said to us how hard you had toiled over it for a month I would have been impressed but your basic map just 11.5 hours after the challenge description went up and even if poised over the keyboard and took no breaks thats still a just unbelievably incredible achievement to create this standard in that amount of time. Would really like to know how you do it.

Would also like to acknowledge all the others too but especially rlucci's which I was so disappointed not to see fully finished as it was heading for a real doozy too.

I was pleased with my entry but it took so long all that 3D rendering. I think I ought to spend that time making more CWBP stuff and getting on with those back burner projects too. As always, thanks to those who voted for me too.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congrat's Vry...and well done!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Ditto.. Congrats to a well deserved victory Vry... I wish I had 100th of your artistic talent. Of course, now we require a lot more samples of your work, so keep them coming!!!!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Yes, congratulations Vry, I thought that we, as in the FHCO's and I, were going to have a hard time deciding, as they seldom agree on much before second breakfast, and on even less after elevenses, but they were all in for your map, and the others they voted for as well,,,we did a secret ballot, they closed their eyes and raised their hands when I said the names of the maps. So it worked well, no intimidation over favs.
    They were sad that the Flying Bar didn't take flight, but are happy that it may get worked on yet.

All in all they liked all the maps (though I did have to rename the slap and tickle, their mom might have had my head mounted if they had brought that up at dinner), and once they are settled in after school starts they may take another go at it,,as they have learned a lot and are bursting now.
    SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Congrats Vry! That was such a superb entry, full of atmosphere and attention to detail.
    I, like the others was said that the flying bar never got built and that the best concept (rlucci's tree bar) didn't get finished.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast