Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Another attempt at a world map

I think it looks great, kudos for how it is turning out. How long did it take you to do one island and how does it look when zoomed out? What resolution are you working with? You seem to be zoomed in quite a bit and with this level of detail, wow.

Keep up the good work and good luck.

Default Another attempt at a world map

I honestly have no idea how long it took to be honest, ill record my time next time i do a chunk. The resolution is 8400 x 4200 and yes i am nitpicking down to the pixel alot of the time, and zoomed in as far as my program will allow me while im workin on it.

Looks beautiful and the overall rugged-with-a-lot-of-mountain-ranges fits the weird (but good looking!) land forms you started with. Now, as you probably found out by now, doing this at a continent level (8200x4000 size is huge!) is a test to one's dedication.
    I know how you go up and down a roller coaster of excitement and exhaust about the whole thing - just plough on, mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Looks beautiful and the overall rugged-with-a-lot-of-mountain-ranges fits the weird (but good looking!) land forms you started with. Now, as you probably found out by now, doing this at a continent level (8200x4000 size is huge!) is a test to one's dedication.
    I know how you go up and down a roller coaster of excitement and exhaust about the whole thing - just plough on, mate!
    Thanks! And yes we will see how far I get before exhaustion starts in

Another update from the past couple of days, started on the northern end of one of my 3 big continents.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bec0998fca.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	64981

Might as well post a zoomed out view of the progress so far aswell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e58b61f71a.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	159.1 KB 
ID:	64982
    Last edited by AlexSchacher; 06-16-2014 at 06:22 AM.

I like but it seems a planet that had some serious Coriolis effect when it was still forming on the surface to arrange in those kind of whirlwinds continental shapes , or perhaps that the boiling magma under has a really easy job on the shaping plates , kind of if like the top surface was not so solid ....

But Pixie is the expert on that stuff ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345