Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Melkos - fantasy map commission

By - Max -
    The requesr was that Melkos has to be significantly different from Slyrn in colors, showing that it was a different world (and a darker one, without making the map too dark)
    That's obviously a success! Especially if the local population has something of demonic .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Thanks much guys!
    @ afters : well I guess not the busiest one but I wouldn't say I'm complaining
    @ Arsheesh: sure, my secret isn't such a complicated thing: you just have to....wait....you don't really want what to know, don't you?
    @ Lingon: are you gonna throw things to my head if I say yes? as for the colors, red wasn't specifically requested. The requesr was that Melkos has to be significantly different from Slyrn in colors, showing that it was a different world (and a darker one, without making the map too dark)
    EVEN THOUGH I'm none of these people:

1) busiest one I've seen
    2) We ALL "really want to know"
    3 a) If he doesn't throw things, I might
    3 b) Mission totally accomplished. Especially the darker-without-being-dark part. In my nightmares last night, I was trapped in Melkos
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Well, this is a Slyrn-Style copy, right? So i can not add anything new ^^ But i am not a big fan of the colors on this map...makes it look too unreal for my taste. But i'm sure it serves its purpose well.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Guild Adept

The color choice isn't one I'd necessarily make, but if I opened up a gaming product and saw it there, I'd like it. It seems to be using color to set an ambiance of dread. Artsy and effectively informative, a visitor from Slyrn might choose to map the horrible place like this, LOL.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Oh yes, I'll throw things. I just have to practice a bit first. Gotta throw halfway across Europe, after all. Then, when I can do that, I will throw gigantic prints of all your maps at you. Mwahaha!

Anyway… I agree with Jalyha; mission totally accomplished

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Oh yes, I'll throw things. I just have to practice a bit first. Gotta throw halfway across Europe, after all. Then, when I can do that, I will throw gigantic prints of all your maps at you. Mwahaha!

Anyway… I agree with Jalyha; mission totally accomplished

That's a lot of maps... so lots of throwing. Could be quite effective after awhile.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks again guys, comments much appreciated! Haha I wouldn't have thought that this dark place that is Melkos would have bring about that much jokes More seriously, it was fun to draw something with "unusual" colors that really gives some heavy "fantasy" feel to the map (at least to my eyes....and the client's ones )

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    In my nightmares last night, I was trapped in Melkos
    This is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    That's obviously a success! Especially if the local population has something of demonic .
    I won't spoil anything about that

Blog Entries

No, no I really was... well... maybe Melkos.. It looked like your map everything was all reddish- but it was covered in blood and I was running through this creepy forest to get to the city, where I would be safe, and these poisoned-bloodpeople were chasing me and I ran into some mountains aand I kept slipping while i tried to climb and they were gonna eat me!

True story. Then I got up and watched a marathon of care bears, barbie and my little pony until I felt better ^.^

See what you caused? D:

Great map Max! The color does set a definite mood, well done.

Narghol is one he!! of a mountain. If it is drawn to scale, it is 28 leagues high! An Earth league is about 3 miles, so if their leagues are similar then this mountain is about 84 miles high! I don't want to meet whatever lives up there!

@ Jalyha, May I suggest no more pickles and liverwurst before bed!

And for those who are wondering, Max has minions, and most likely a few clones!

Blog Entries

Pfft. It wasn't pickles and liverwurst... more like pepperoni and extra cheese... with double bacon. But yeah, you're probably right

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast