Thread: Egos - Blackwinter

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Blackwinter

I just realized that i forgot to post this map. Nothing much to change now, if something wrong i will just let it

For this map i want to say thanks to Ilanthar ( great help with my first shields), Chashio and jfrazierjr following and helping me specific in this map, and for all others that usual visit my thread.

The important thing in this map was the improviments since my old map, basicaly used the same template but worked to get new features and experience. since i finished this map days before my last surgery and about in the same time AFTER 1 YEAR mapping so this map cut the experience trip that i got in my last year.
    Some maps that influenced in this:

-Max- http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...ntasy-map.html
    Schwarzkreuz http://www.cartographersguild.com/re...ning-maps.html

And very very and strongly influenced by Viking http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post234945 , a map that i am using of base of my maps.

Blackwinter

Quote Originally Posted by aquarits View Post

The human city in the Continent of Sharaon. Blackwinter is leaded by Corossus Flouren since 303 ab. holding the borders with lands of the Orcs from Ondara end the Dark elves from Velun. A weak comercial alliance sustain the relationship between the fours realms. Suported by Valdorn, Blackwinter can use the airplanes technology to make business with the other sides of the world. The ship force is other strong point of this nation, that can make safe the borders ensuring the protection of the two Vertex in the island.
    Velun and Ondara (that is formed by two tribes, “Ondara” and “Broamir”) sustain a alliance holding the safe of the Northern Vortex, used in the mystical rituals to provide forces to the endless war against Veloria. Nowdays some agrrements are discused with Tristania and Valdorn, to make a alliance in a possible war for the lands where the Railroad need to pass to conect the two continents. Whispering in a secrect, Randoria more south can allie to Veloria, what is making a tense negotiation between all involved realms.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-Ondara.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	4.42 MB 
ID:	60905  

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Carbus's Avatar

Great map! The only thing that bothers me is the quality of the Heraldry, it`s too pixelated, but the rest is awesome, the colors, texture, mountains and tree, all fit very well! Good job!

Sigh... I wish I could do forests like those !

I'm a big fan of those forest too!

Yes, those trees look really nice. The mountains do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbus View Post
    Great map! The only thing that bothers me is the quality of the Heraldry, it`s too pixelated, but the rest is awesome, the colors, texture, mountains and tree, all fit very well! Good job!
    My thoughts exactly. You've come a long way in 1 year Aquartis, this is (heraldry not withstanding), a lovely map!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Member Facebook Connected

I agree that the heraldry looks poor, but otherwise this is an exceptional map. Officially repped and rated.

I really like those windmills and the other building icons! Those zeppelins are a great addition as well. Everything else looks well done from the snowy mountains to the forests and coasts. Repped and liked

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Thanks brothers! All thos reps turned me "a glorious beacon of light"

I apreciated all observations. I understand about the heraldry quality and already working to improve that. Ilanthar helped me in my first map using shields but I am still experincing some issues working with resolution but i will fix it in my next job.

Nice work, I really like the forest, mountains and icons.