Thread: Egos - Tristania

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Default Egos - Tristania

This is other map that i did with not much time to post and wait for feed back. Right now i am working in other and doing slowly and listening the masters here all the progress can be found here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ge...agacea-28.html

For this map i took as reference other 2 maps that i really liked:

-Max- http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...ntasy-map.html
    Viking http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...nth-coast.html

and like i said before http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post234945 still being my reference point.

This is not a map fixing the points where the friends saind in my http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post236039 but i believe that is a bit better. Worked with some transitions something that i really think hard to do and made some diferent mountains. I guess that i am finding something as my style.
    In Blackwinter, got observations about the heraldry quality, i want to say again that in this map it is not fixed still, i used the same way that i did before. Different from the WIP i just changed the mountains label, where -Max- wisely said to get better to read. Dunno if it is cool but is too lat to change now

Tristania ( The lions, The realm of the Fire)

Lionel Foxter said: "They have gold and believe that it is the power. Soon we will show then the black gold and we will burn everything." These words was just a financial declaration of one of the leaders of the Institute of search and development in on meeting in Galaria, saying about the commercial power of the oil. But, "burn everthing", sounds looks a declaration of war to the other realms. But in the end it become a great weapon to the war.
    From the bridge and beyond the mountains is possible see the huge towers of oil extraction burning in the cold land. From the east they started to call Tristania of the Empire of Fire, and the Lions, how they are called in theyr lands, with the power of the oil and fire, Tristania is one of the biggest empire of Egos.
    Actualy Tristania is passing by a political crisis, where the succersors are undefined still the civil war started. With that, a new country was just born, the real blood and some real knights moved out of the realm borders to form a resistance, strong enought to keep the war active.
    In the other side, Valdorn just invested billions to expand the railroad btw Hirkania and now is passing for hard dealing with the elves, tryng get some land to pass with the trains. But, still Tristania not fix the home, they cant do other agressives threats. Some realms in secret try to keep this war in Tristania active, trying to prevent that the war against the elves from Veloria, what can be called a greatest war that egos was faced since The War of the Brethren, almos 300 years ago. Well, looking for this point, never a war will be compared with that is about to start.
    Almost all Realms of Egos will be involved in this conflict, even taking off the peace of the holy monks of Meru. Right now, a ruler called by the ppl as "The Black Knight" is fixing the things in Tristania, wut make much more closer the great war against the World. Its being called "The War of the Iron".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tristania.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	4.04 MB 
ID:	60986  

I really like your mountains in this map! but I'm not sure about the forest they seem a little off to me. I still really like this map, great job!

Guild Adept

I am liking the map. I could nitpick some details, like my eye seems to be placing the rivers with altitude, but could just be my morning eyes, LOL. And I'm not big on the hard outline for the rivers. Excellent map all and all.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Excellent mountains and nice "cold water" effect! I still love your icons for sure .

Guild Journeyer

Crazy good! I love the map in the middle and the key surrounding it. The key is more than a typical Map key and is information rich! I love it! Will be stealing this idea

Excellent work, I also love the mountains!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galendae View Post
    I love the map in the middle and the key surrounding it.
    Thank very much, i was having a lots of issues with legends, is good to see that i got some progress using this style.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino44 View Post
    but I'm not sure about the forest they seem a little off to me.
    Tnx for the words man, i didnt got wut you mean about the trees, dunno if you mean that it is small compared with mountains or icons. I apreciate all feed back

Thank you all for the comments and Rep

I really like those building icons, particularly the windmills Might take me a while to get accustomed to those mountains but they look great from a distance. Great job overall aquarits!