Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Earth Wind Map

Default Earth Wind Map

Earth Wind Map is a site dedicated to presenting exactly what it says - a wind map of earth (I think its live, so current data presented). You can move the earth about with your mouse to see your part of the world. Kind of cool! (Oh forgot to say, make sure you click on 'Earth' to see it in wind mode.)

Earth Wind Map Site

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 02-05-2014 at 11:55 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Wow, that's a kind of magic. Very interesting, and we can see the strong influence of oceans & seas.

It's a bit like an excellent video I got about oceanic flows and currents (don't remember where I got it...).

Blog Entries

still loading
    Have you "liked" a post today?

You say it's in real time or is it a repeating pattern ? Anyway, it's really great

I said, I think its in real time, updated periodically.

@ Jalyha - once its loaded, you have to hit the "Earth" button on the page to see it in action.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

OH.

Well, I keep telling you all I'm not very bright >.<

And I still can't get it to work, though I have a sort of menu now... How do I tell it where to look?

I don't why its not working for you. I don't get any menu. When I show up to the site there is a bar that show the app is loading into the page (which takes a couple seconds), once loaded. The word "Earth" appears in a rounded rectangle with an outline of the coastal landforms in the background. Activating "Earth" turns on the wind. That's it. If you're not seeing that, then its not working for you, and I have no idea why its not working...
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

When I click your link, I get this page:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earthwind1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	61065

When I click the word "Earth" on that, I get this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	earthwind2.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	61066

There should be a map coastal outlines, and/or green lines of wind currents blowing across it - behind the 2 screens you posted. Where its black in the background you should see either coastal outlines alone, or coastal outlines with the moving wind graphic. Obviously its not showing up for you... I don't know why it doesn't work for you. I see those same things your are posting, but also the wind map behind it. If you could see the maps, you would need to click on the word "earth" at the top of the second window with the menu, and the menu goes away.
    DrivethruRPG store

Blog Entries

Oh, nevermind, I'm an idiot.

I was somehow opening the page in IE. It wasn't working. Works fine in Chrome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast