Thread: Insert amazing and creative title here

Guild Novice

Default Insert amazing and creative title here

Well, um, hello.

Well, I am an avid fantasy lover who attempts to write novels as a hobby. And as an appendage to that hobby, I create a lot of source material, including maps. Up to this point, said maps have basically been scribbles with triangles for mountains (No one has ever accused me of having any kind of artistic skills). However, I'm finally getting to the point where I think I might actually have a real chance of finishing and publishing a book. And that book will need a map (Maybe I have some kind of defect or something, but I find it next to impossible to read a book if it doesn't have a map in it) that looks halfway decent.
    I've been browsing this site for several months now, following tutorials and creating hideous mess after hideous mess (No fault, I'm sure, to the writers of said tutorials, only to my crappy art skills). However, I think now I actually have created something presentable, and am to the point where I don't think I can go much farther without some advice from people that actually know what they're talking about, so I figured I'd better register so I can post it (Which I will do right after I'm done posting this).

Anyway, that's me.

Welcome to the guild. I'm sure you'll find what you need to shape up a map around either in the form of tutorial or useful advice. Looking forward to checking out what you have.