Thread: Gelatinous Cube Token

Post Gelatinous Cube Token

I noticed that there wasn't a decent gelatinous cube token that fully represented the fact that they are supposed to be transparent and actually cube shaped. So I went ahead and made one:

I believe that the traditional gelatinous cube representation has some bones and treasure drifting around inside. Possibly also a surprised-looking Kender holding his breath if you get there at just the right time...

Oh yeah, I will admit that having a gelatinous cube with stuff inside is way scarier. But so many tokens, minis, and whatnot have that already. One thing that bugs me as a DM is when a token has too specific of a look to it. I generally prefer stuff that is a bit more universal, that way it won't be stuck to one image or instance too much.

Guild Adept

I don't know about you, but I see this as green, decidedly green, not transparent at all.

I think it would have more interest if you shaded it as if it had some perspective.

Don't mean to take control of your thread, but you inspired me to try to create a gelatinous cube that is transparent, with bubbles, a skeleton inside and a sword. Perhaps this example could inspire you to do something similar. This was created in 3D, modeled in Nendo, and rendering with transparency done in Raydream Studio... enjoy.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gelatinous_cube.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	557.1 KB 
ID:	63686
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by feanaaro View Post
    I don't know about you, but I see this as green, decidedly green, not transparent at all.
    It actually is transparent, load up maptools, drop it in an see for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by madcowchef View Post
    I think it would have more interest if you shaded it as if it had some perspective.
    Well the reason you don't see any perspective is because it's a top-down view of a cube, all you'll see is a square-like shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Don't mean to take control of your thread, but you inspired me to try to create a gelatinous cube that is transparent, with bubbles, a skeleton inside and a sword. Perhaps this example could inspire you to do something similar. This was created in 3D, modeled in Nendo, and rendering with transparency done in Raydream Studio... enjoy.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gelatinous_cube.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	557.1 KB 
ID:	63686
    Wow thats very cool! Actually the token I made is transparent as well. Too bad no one tried it out to see for themselves :c. Also, the reason I didn't put anything inside of it was because I figured it could be more universally applied in that case because otherwise if the cube was defeated then the party may ask: "Oh hey! Is the stuff on the token actually there?" And I've NEVER seen a gelatinous cube token that DIDN'T have stuff inside it before so I figured I'd try going for it.

But yeah, yours looks pretty badass