Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Elandaria - Fantasy map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Elandaria - Fantasy map commission

Hey everyone,

This poster map of the known world of Elandaria is a piece commissioned by the writer Tom Baker for his current book project. Done in Photoshop, original size 61"x23".

© 2014 - All rights reserved.

Hope you'll like it. As usual feel free to rate, rep or run away

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elandaria.jpg 
Views:	1445 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	61090

Blog Entries

I'm gonna choose "run away" this time, because it's not fair you come out with a new *perfect* map every day!!!

Well, okay, I lied, here have some rep
    Have you "liked" a post today?

lovely as ever.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This place has so much land! But I like this, the brown style feels different from your usual work, but in a definitely good way. Also, a minor thing I noticed: is it supposed to be Wayward's Simthy or is that a typo?

Guild Adept

Very nice, really liking the colors on this map, rustic but not completely sepia tone or b&w. Excellent piece as always.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

I love it!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Maybe I'm just imagining things… but are a lot of the place names really similar to A Song of Ice and Fire places?

Anyway, the map is beautiful (of course!). The forests are perfect for this scale.

Guild Adept

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    Maybe I'm just imagining things… but are a lot of the place names really similar to A Song of Ice and Fire places?

Anyway, the map is beautiful (of course!). The forests are perfect for this scale.
    I had that knee-jerk reaction to names also, good to know I'm not alone, LOL. And I have to agree on the forests, and I like how they are subtle, understated. I really like that more each time I look at this piece.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Grrrr, still cannot rep you... A pity, because this is really an amazing map and show another facette of your talent! And I love big maps with a lot of lands (but it's quite obvious, I imagine...).

The style is perfect for publishing. Do you know if he is planning on just a compressed version of this map in the book or is he going to have a foldout map to do it justice?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast