Thread: Traennoer-2 HELP

Default Traennoer-2 HELP

Hello to all. Not being very satisfied with my previous project I started from the beginning and I arrived at this stage of the work.
    First Iwould like to know if you have any advice for me on the work done so far.
    In addition I would have to ask for your help ... I would like include in the project some elements such as symbols to indicate the city, rather the other little details like ruins, heraldic symbols, etc. .. The problem is that I have been found several brushes but I'm not satisfied completely ... do you know any tutorials to help me to achieve them alone?
    I forgot to tell you that everything is made with photoshop. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	traennoer.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	3.26 MB 
ID:	61646

Arsheesh did some great tutorials about that:
    Geographic Icons Mini-Tutorial by arsheesh on deviantART
    Heraldic Shield Mini Tut by arsheesh on deviantART

I think your map has improved a lot since the last time. Yet I can't help myself but I think your forest pattern is repetitive. There a lot of overlapping trees too, but most people might not notice that.

I agree with Azelor on the overlapping the trees, actually. Aside from that, I really like everything else. Especially the mountains. Did you draw those yourself?? They look wonderful!

I dig the mountains a lot.
    But the shape of the land reminds a lot...like A LOT...of one of Max's Oraven maps...the northern Oraven map. Uncanny.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

I like the mountains.. very nice/simple, but I'm wondering what would cause a... ring of them? Seems like there'd be a cool story behind it!

I'm not sure if you just hadn't gotten to it yet or what, but the (canyon? rift?) in the center looks very ... "rough-sketch"... it's the floor of the canyon, mostly, the rest is fine.

There *is* a lot of overlap with the trees, but it's not as distracting/worrying as the color thing... Half of the trees look like they're semi-transparent, and the rest aren't? and it isn't individual trees, but whole swathes of them... and not in a natural formation, like clumps of trees or anything... just... looks like you partially erased some stuff, an the trees got caught in it.

There's a lake South-East of the ring of mountains that looks... odd, to me. I thought it was just the outline, which starts to follow the rivers and then just... doesn't... but that's not it.

I honestly think it's because of the treeline, but...

Okay maybe a picture....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	height stuff.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	807.8 KB 
ID:	61652

So.... it LOOKS like:

1. your trees are level with both the lake and the sea/coast.

2. That clump of trees is all on one level of ground.

3. The lake is higher than the sea

4. Paradox! D:

A ridge like the one for your plateau would fix it, or pulling that group of trees back from either the lake or the coast...

Or maybe no one sees it but me cause I see things funny

>.<

Overall I think it's a great, promising little map!
    Have you "liked" a post today?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalyha View Post
    So.... it LOOKS like:

1. your trees are level with both the lake and the sea/coast.

2. That clump of trees is all on one level of ground.

3. The lake is higher than the sea

4. Paradox! D:

A ridge like the one for your plateau would fix it, or pulling that group of trees back from either the lake or the coast...

Or maybe no one sees it but me cause I see things funny

>.<

Overall I think it's a great, promising little map!
    Sorry for the delay in reply but family problems did not allow me to do it before.
    Jalyha over to redo the forests (which I'm already doing) as you advise me to proceed to the other things that I've reported?